This year the ladies over at Art to the 5th are doing something a little different than the last couple of years with their annual planner. They are actually constructing their own planners with a little help from some existing products and their own imaginations. I need a planner at work and in life in general so I thought I’d participate again this year and see if this method appeals to me.
I think the “plan” for the project is to kind of go through and do you planner pages on a weekly basis(?) but not all as has been revealed so I may be interpreting this incorrectly. In any event, and because it is MY unPlanner, I need more available planner space so mine is going to have to be done with more planning pages created in advance than the project schedule may stipulate. I also don’t have a lot of free time to do a LOT of art so I decided to take some shortcuts in my page creations.
The $12 annual cost to participate this year (QUITE reasonable if you ask me) included a lot of printable freebies–many of which were planner page templates. I used these templates and some of my own paper to create my pages and I love them. I know they may not be quite as fancy as some others’ but they meet my needs, make me happy and allow me to actually use some of my existing stash that has been sitting around in my art studio for a while now.
The weekly planner pages were printed using the templates provided by The unPlanner project ladies and some existing color copies of some Gelli prints that I had created and copied quite some time ago.
I have to admit, I loved using my own copied Gelli prints for this project. They are colors I already like and patterns that I enjoy. I also used another Gelli print page to add embellishments to my monthly divider pages. I chose a piece of scrapbook cardstock and cut it down to make the divider after I printed the month template on the back. I created the tab myself and used a set of Recollection cling stamps from Michaels to add the “January” word to it. I actually chose the divider paper first and then went to my Gelli copy stash to pick out coordinating prints that would carry me through the entire month and for embellishments.
(I accidentally drew my divider line for the last week across all of the days–oops!…didn’t mean to do that…oh well! 🙂 )
The only dilemma that I have at the moment is dealing with all of the “white backs” of the Gelli print pages. I think I may just glue them together, back-to-back, and then I’ll only have the back of the first week and the back of the last week to address. It will strengthen them from a durability perspective, too, which will also be a plus.
Even with these short cuts I have a lot of things to add but this is a good start for me and now I have a whole month I can address with my GREAT plans for this month! LOL!