I finally feel like I may be officially back in the land of the living! Yay!!
I have been working slowly on a journal page since the weekend and I finally finished it this morning. I posted an “in progress” glimpse of it in this week’s My Journal Monday. I colored the flower with primarily Neocolor II crayons and some additional acrylic paint. The black outline was done with a Molotow acrylic marker as was the text. Most of the white pen work was done using a Uniball Signo 157 gel pen (medium point) or a white acrylic extra fine Molotow marker. I think it works well for linking to several other blog link-ups:
- Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s regular Friday Art Journal Everyday post which she usually posts regularly every Friday
- Paint Party Friday –some really talented artist doing all sorts of painty things over there every Friday
- Chelle Stein’s regular Friday Journal52 post — this week’s prompt was FOCUS 🙂
- Leah Piken Kolidas regular Monday Create Every Day post — a new optional prompt each month and new link list every Monday
- Try It On Tuesdays — another group of really talented artists doing all kinds of creative things every Tuesday and the prompt for this week is LOTS OF LAYERS
- That Craft Place — mixed media challenge that posts on Sunday every two weeks
- We Love to Create — anything goes mixed media challenge that posts every Sunday
- Word Art Wednesday — anything goes mixed media challenge that encourages incorporation of uplifting words
- Craft Your Passion — anything goes challenge that posts every Monday
- Not Just Cards — anything goes challenge that posts on the first Monday of each month
I really, really like how this turned out. I’m happy that I’m brave enough to just start “drawing stuff” on my pages whether it looks real or not. Being a bit of a perfectionist in my own way, this is often a big hurdle to get over just to get started. I feel I’m starting to see that hurdle start to fade just a little more. All of you wonderful people out there that read this blog and comment on my work have a hand in that and I thank you. You are holding me accountable to create more art just by being out there doing what you do in your niche of the creative world. Encouragement is a huge thing as well. Creating more art breaks more barriers just by the sheer force of repetition and bit-by-bit application of little brave steps. And then I go and visit your sites and am inspired to create again the next week. 🙂 I don’t get to visit as often as I’d like and I continue to work on that. I really enjoy reading your blogs and admiring your works and wish I had time to do more.
Thank you for stopping by and thank you for all of the kind comments over the last few months. I can see the progress in my creativity and skills just for having had such contact with you on my little corner of the ‘net! Your time and interest is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. 🙂