Yay! I finished the spread from the background that I posted this week for My Journal Monday. I wanted to stay with an autumn colors theme as was the prompt this month for Art Journal Journey and also the current theme for Moo Mania. I am linking this post to both of these challenge blogs.
So I started with a gessoed spread in a “faux” Moleskin sketch journal. Then I added a VERY THIN layer of yellow acrylic paint with a pallet knife. The leaves were sketched with a “B” pencil very lightly and painted with watercolor. The watercolor sat on top of the acrylic and thus I didn’t get that smooth watercolor look but that’s OK. Autumn leaves often are not all smooth or perfect so I went with it and left it in its mottled state when it was dry. When all was dry I added the shadows with more watercolor and lastly the quote in a brown Molotow fine acrylic marker.
I am also linking this spread this week to the following challenges:
- Second on the 2nd where Elizabeth and Bluebeard host a monthly post-what-you-are-working-on challenge
- Art Every Day Month where Leah Piken Kolidas hosts the challenge to do something creative every day during the month of November every year
- Craft Your Passion where every Monday anything-creative-goes
- Not Just Cards where the challenge runs for a month and also anything-creative-goes
- Scrappy Hands where anything goes and at the challenge runs for a month starting on the first
- Corrosive Challenges where the theme this two-week period which started 10/25 is autumn splendor
I think it is fabulous that these artists and stores offer places to participate by adding links lists to their sites. They are very encouraging environments and can also be truly challenging if the theme stretches you a bit. Thanks to everyone that hosts a challenge. You help us grow as artists every time we participate.
Have a great week! 🙂