Alaya Art sponsored 29 Faces in September 2015. I didn’t get all of my 29 faces completed during the challenge period but I am going to continue with them until I get them all done. Also, Kim Dellow over on her blog has a fun thing going called Art It Friday – Show Your Face. During the month of November 2015 Kim is challenging us to do a portrait in the style of another known artist. Today I am copying Jane Davenport. I got the idea for this portrait from one of the Facebook sites that I am a part of where Jane posted a similar drawing but on the inverse side. When I went to find a link to her blog, I found the portrait. You can see it here. I started with a gessoed background. Then I collaged a napkin onto that and then again covered that with gesso. I used a baby wipe to remove some of the gesso, leaving a heavier layer where I knew I wanted to add my face. Then I added color with water color/gauche. The white accents were done with a Sharpie Water Based Paint Marker. Here is Face No. 25:
Today marks my 100th post! I can hardly believe it! I had a goal from the middle of the summer that I wanted to get my blog up and running again and to post to it regularly. I think I have done that pretty well. And I have gained a lot of skills along the way, too. And new friends from all over the world! Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your time and the efforts you make to leave a comment. I have been fortunate to find a very encouranging community of artists and I don’t ever want to take that for granted. Thank you for your kindness and for your input of encouragement to my life. 🙂
I am also linking this post to:
- Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s regular Friday post Art Journal Everyday post which she usually posts regularly every Friday
- Paint Party Friday and
- Art Every Day Month where Leah Piken Kolidas hosts the challenge to do something creative every day during the month of November every year.
- Moo Mania and More where the current theme is “lots of layers.”
- Art Journal Journey where the current theme is “Autumn Colors.”
- Craft Your Passion where as always “anything goes.”
- We Love 2 Create where the current challenge is “anything goes mixed media.”
- Rhedd’s Creative Spirit where the challenge is always mixed media.
- Sunday Sketches where anything sketchy is welcome.
- Carolyn Dube’s Weekly Link Party where PLAY is encouraged. 🙂
- Kate Robertson’s Express Your Creativity where literally anything creative is encouraged.
- Friendship Friday where anything creative and joyful is posted.