This weeks Diva Challenge was supposed to take tanglers back to the basics. However, since I have no basics to reference or go back to, it was quite a challenge for me! The goal was to take a simple 3.5-inch “tile” of paper and to tangle a simple design with 4-5 patterns using only a single back pen and a pencil for shading. Well I have no tiles, so I went back to my 3.5×5.5 journal and marked off what I thought was a square (well, it didn’t look quite like a square when I finished–it was more of a wonky square). Then I went to looking through my periodical resources to find 4-5 tangle patterns that I thought I might be able to recreate with out too much trouble but that I liked and that seemed to fit the string, or area divisions I had created in my square. This is what I finally ended up with:
I don’t know. I’m proud to have been brave enough to try and I did enjoy the process of creating the finished tile. It is obvious that I still need a LOT of practice! 🙂
I am also posting this on
Have a happy, arty day!