Finally made it back to the blog!

WELL……………………things don’t always work out the way that we plan for them to, do they?  And thus it was for me on my big trip across the country to attend Artfest Rising 2016 in Port Townsend, WA last week.  Yes the weather was perfect! And that also was my biggest problem….sigh….  If you haven’t figured it out already, I have TERRIBLE allergies–especially of the seasonal kind.  A lot of what seems to be the countless sinus infections that I contract originate with the pollen and other nasties floating around during the spring and late fall.  WELL……it was BEAUTIFUL in the Pacific Northwest!  One could not have asked for more wonderful weather or more beautiful scenic views.  This, however, resulted in everything–and I do mean Everything–being in full bloom and bursting with pollen everywhere.  The minute I departed the plane in Seattle I started coughing.  It became incessant and I eventually went to the doctor as I felt horrible within 36 hours.  The urgent care doc explained that I was having an ACUTE reaction to seasonal allergens and that I was one of many that she had already seen by Thursday that week.  She issued me a steroid inhaler (since I was having problems breathing) and some cough suppressant so I could give my body a rest.  Those helped a lot but I continued to go downhill slowly despite doubling up on my allergy meds.  By the time we left Sunday morning I could hardly get myself to the airport.  Within a few hours of stepping off of the plane at home, I was able to ditch the cough medicine but my lungs were still full of crap and my head was aching.  I took a sick day Monday from work to recoup and when that did little to help, I went BACK to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon.  Now I’m on an antibiotic and more oral steroids to clear the aftermath and I’m finally starting to feel human again.

I’m sorry that I missed My Journal Monday.  I was simply to ill to lift my self up to try.  Today is the first day that I am starting to feel like myself again.  I did enjoy what I could glean from my classes.  My instructors were wonderful:  Michael deMeng, Jesse Reno, Tracy Moore, Teesha Moore, Orly Avineri, and Andrea Matus deMeng.  I didn’t take too many photos as I became more sedentary as the week progressed.  I missed half of Jesse’s class due to going to the doctor and the “flighty” pharmacist as the girl referred to him after waiting almost 2 hours for a bottle of pills and a generic inhaler…sigh…and by the third day participation was at an all-time low for me.  I do have some things that I’d like to form my thoughts on and post for you.  Until then, here is a photo of me and a new friend that I met in downtown Port Townsend during a quick day trip one midday.  Is he cool or what?  His name is Hibby, the Great Dane.  Have a great afternoon and talk to you soon!Big Dog in PT 2016 sm

8 thoughts on “Finally made it back to the blog!

  1. I like your new buddy! And great photo of you! So sorry about your allergies! I’ve been sick all week too – partly due to allergies – so I hear ya! No fun! 😁 Look forward to seeing your art when you feel better my friend! 💕🎨😊

  2. I know you felt like crap most of AFR, but it was so great to see you. You’re the most beautiful sick person I’ve ever met :). AND you still kicked out some wonderful work. Considering you weren’t the only one suffering with allergies, maybe T n T will consider a different season for the next AFR.
    Until we see each other again my sweet friend, XO!

    • You’re too kind, Kathy! It was great seeing everyone and except for the sick part may have been my best trip yet. You guys are great and I miss the fam already! 😕 Hopefully we will get to see one another again really, really soon!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *